Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

help out an **bleep** please

Okay, first off, this is my first PDA of any sort. I probebly shouldnt even have a BB. but I wanted it for the qwerty keyboard, the calender to manage  four  active kids, a husband, 100's of birthdays, my grocery list, 4 PTA's, mystery shops that I do,  plus  I wanted to  always be able ,at the drop of a hat, to tell someone what to get one of the ungrateful heathens for thier birthday, etc. (if you have ever told 2 family members the same thing and tey both buy it you will know where I am coming from....)

I was just tired of the wall calender, the hand held calender, the dry erase marker on the windshield of my truck (for errands), the various lists I write myself daily, and forgetting to buy feed for the horses.  OH and I am blonde, so make it **bleep** proof Smiley Happy

I am NOT on the web with it. (I got my husband one, who is a truck driver, he is on the web, but that will come later).

* First, I installed the freakin disk that came iwth it.  VERY large nono.  it froze me up every time. it even froze uptrying to uninstall.

----- what do I get instead?

Do I just put in on my puter and then USB it to the phone?

*second.  I do want ringtones. I did order one from AT&T. I will DL it later when I go to town (I have no service at my house).  But the rest I put on will be ones I made (I have a ringtone maker thing from before, when I had to use it to make them for my old sony ericson).  I did have to do those through text messages. I will try to remember how.  Is this good enough?  I also dont mind free ones. LOVE free ringtones. are their certain ones I can get for free for this phone?  and how long can they be? (like I think 27 seconds was the longest on the SEz525).  .wav files?

*third,  I am getting the SD card today.  Can I just plug THAT into my computer and put stuff on it.  Like the ringtones? then pull it into the BB?

*fourth,  I cant find a folder for outgoing messages.  Sometimes I write them at home, then will send one of the kids outside to walk around until the find a few bars and hit send. Where are these at in the phone? Do I have to keep telling it to send until it does? or does it do it on its own and once I write them they go into blackberryblackholes? but are sent? (when a signal becomes avalible)

*fifth,  any good free games?  and since I did find a few (found a website, iwth 170 free games listed) how do I put them on there?  just on the SD card and then put it back in the BB?  or do I have to have more programs installed to run it?

oh and just cause I dont want to confuse mine with his, (they were out of red ones) there is a case on like amazon. so can I change the case like I used to my old nokia? or does this go OVER the phone, making it bulky and tiresome?

Thank you for any and all help. and I am sorry if I have (and I know I did) go over questions already asked.  I have read through alot of them on here, I just get sidetracked easy and get lost.

FOR those things that I HAVE to get off the web, I can make DH get them, then I can Bluetooth them to my phone.. right? 

And I do ahve a computer, so if possible I can do it there and USB it to the BB.  I am just on Dial up (way out in the country) and it takes 3 days to DL a picture.. Smiley Wink

So far I am LOVIN this phone. And again, I know alot of y'all will think I didnt need it, and your right. But I wanted it. cause its got most of the features that I DO need.  being a professional errand runner, taxi driver, chef and slave.  

New Contributor

Re: help out an **bleep** please

oh wow. sorry.  didnt realize it would bleep out me callin myself an ..... well... not so smart individual.... Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Re: help out an **bleep** please

I am just bumping this up, because I know that even though these questions are stupid, y'all are very good and gracious when it comes to helping someone.  And I fiqure there were so many new questions this one just got skipped. Smiley Happy

I did get the SD card, but I havent done anything yet.

I just dont have time right now. I will try to get it done this weekend.

Now, I do have to add a question.

Can you use BB messanger if you are NOT on the internet?  I dont have anything plan wise on my phone except text messages.  I just have no need to get on the net.  No sense in wasting 30.00 a month Smiley Happy