Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

help syncing bb bold 9700 to computer

I've got a bold 9700.  Bluetooth is turned on in it and it has been paired with my laptop.  However I cannot initiate a bluetooth connection between the phone and the software to allow sync to occur.  My laptop is a Dell D630C and i've have used this blackberry as a modem for the computer without issue over bluetooth.

I've been looking through the following article

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04132&slic...

in an attempt to figure out whats going wrong and when I get to task 6, enabling bluetooth support is greyed out and unclickable.  

Looking down at the bottom of the article, I find

If the Enable Bluetooth Support check box and Configure Bluetooth button are not available on the BlackBerry Device Manager Properties window, the computer might not be using original Microsoft® Windows Bluetooth radio drivers. Verify that the Bluetooth device manager that is included with Microsoft Windows is running (see the procedures section).

How would I go about turning this on.  It's a dell so I'm pretty sure it's using Toshiba Bluetooth software, not Microsoft.

Help!

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: help syncing bb bold 9700 to computer

If you go to your Control Panel in Windows do you see "My Bluetooth Places"? If so you are not using the proper Bluetooth software on you laptop.

This is Task 2 in the article you linked in your original post.

You will need to ensure you are using the Microsoft Bluetooth Software in order to use your Bluetooth to sync your device wirelessly with the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Hope this helps.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I'm not seeing the My Bluetooth Places, so as I already mentioned, i'm pretty sure it's not using the Microsoft Bluetooth Software.  The question is, how do I change this or is there a work around.  In this day and age, bluetooth is pretty much a standard, IMO one should work just as well as another so why is the blackberry so dependent on a particular piece of software to get this to work?

Retired

I am wondering if there might be some issues with the install of your BlackBerry Desktop Software. I suggest trying a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Desktop Software. To do this follow the below link:

How to perform a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Desktop Software - KB02206

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

Once the uninstall is complete, install the software again from here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/desktop_pc.jsp

Once the install is complete, try connecting using Bluetooth.

Hope this helps.

Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold smartphone
My Carrier: Orange

I have just bought a new desktop PC with Windows 7 and have downloaded the latest Blackberry desktop software version 6.1.1.18 (in fact I've downloaded every version since version 5 that came with my Bold 9700).

I'm then asked to connect my Blackberry, I do with the micro USB connector - and then my PC tells me it's going to install drivers - then it all goes horribly wrong....  My pc tells me that the Device Driver software is not sucessfully installed and that's it.  No Blackberry linked to my PC, no addresses, no calendar. Nothing!

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in anticiaption...

Retired

What is the version of device software that you have installed on your BlackBerry?

Cheers,

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold smartphone
My Carrier: Orange

Hi, thanks - I have just managed to solve the issue (via USB connections on Device Manager).  I think all is well - but many thanks for your reply.  Smiley Happy

Retired

You're welcome, glad I could help you!