Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

help syncing facebook contacts

I recently got a black berry storm 9530 and I'm trying to sync my facebook contacts to my phone and its not working. I went to verizon and they couldn't help me either. When I first set up the phone I set up a work related email (my facebook email is different)  then I installed the facebook app and tried to sync my contacts. This failed it said it worked but there was no phone numbers or anything, then I added my facebook email and tried again. this still failed. I'm not sure what to do. the calander and birthday/ notifcations go through but i have no contacts. what should i do?

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: help syncing facebook contacts

Hi saginige

Facebook will only sync with existing contacts. For example, if you have John Doe in your BlackBerry Address Book and he is also your Facebook friend, Facebook for BlackBerry will link to the contact.  Facebook friends that are not in your BlackBerry Address Book will not be synchronized.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Tmobile

I have a Blackberry Torch 9800 and the same problem exists for me. My blackberry contacts initially used to synchronise with my facebook friends but now no pictures show up on my contacts liust anymore. Can you please advise on this?

New Contributor
My Device: Leap
My Carrier: AT&T

That was a crappy lie for an answer.  I have a Z10 (1 yr old) which has facebook contact info on it. Recently purchased the Leap.  Tried to sync contacts and no facebook.  Several people are relatives and an I have them in a separate folder.  They're info didn't update?  I tried blackberry link, saving contacts to the sim card, and saving to memory card, as well as downloading the blackberry app on each device to transfer data.  None of these have worked.