Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
Accepted Solution

help, vibrate mode and ringtone still playing

whenever i set my phone to vibrate only mode, it still plays my ringtone after.

this is for specific and my general ringtones.

so, im always using silent instead and missing calls or texts.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: help, vibrate mode and ringtone still playing

You might try a "battery pull" to reset the phone. 

Think back to when the issue appeared.  Did you make any changes to the ringtones (or other options)?

I have had the same problem since I first got the Storm last November. After numerous calls to Verizon and visits to several Verizon stores, I finally figured out that I was going to have to solve the problem myself. I set up a custom sound profile with all of the settings that I would have expected the "Vibrate" profile to have included that came with the phone. When I use my custom profile, the customized ringtones just vibrate like any other ringtone. If you need help setting up the profile, please respond to this post.
New Contributor

I have the same problem, I was told it is going to be fixed in the next update....
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

it took a while but, i set up a custom profile, where i set the volume to silent and

turned the vibration all the way up. i just did it, so i don't know if it works yet?

but, it seemed like the best idea. thank you so much. 

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

I had to do the same thing.  I created a new custom profile and set all sounds to VIBRATE.  So when it is active, my special ringtones does not over ride it and it still vibrates where as on the vibrate that comes on phone, if i had set a ringtone, it would still play what ever ring tone i had set on an individual. 

I love having individual ringtones and sms tones - so this works great when i have to turn on vibrate. 

Smiley Tongue

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I have the same issue and have been told it is a "glitch" by Verizon. Could you please give me detailed info on how you set up the custom profile so that  a custom profile will vibrate when the phone is set to vibrate like you mentioned in your post
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

swaldman - WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

Yes, I would love to...

I went to PROFILES > CUSTOM PROFILE. ADD CUSTOM PROFILE > New > Then make settings the way you want them on each thing - for example, I put vibrate on phone, vibrate on SMS and MMS, vibrate on my emails, and facebook.  

When I go to work, I set my profile to "Special Vibrate" profile and it vibrates on everything even tho I have custom ringtones set.  When Ieave work, I click it back to normal....

Hope that is helpful

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy