Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 9300 curve 3g
My Carrier: cellc

help with software

My mother has a 9300curve 3g,the phone keeps freezing.she phoned cellc they said she should upgrade software can't that be?or could it be something else?
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: help with software

Hi estelleventer

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Many reasons for a device to freeze like if you install an unknown third party application, low memory , applications running in the background or sometimes because of device OS itself.

Try to start your device on Safe Mode and notice if your device freezes , if not then remove or delete any third party application one by one to know which application is responsible for the issue.

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

Or the easiest way is first do a backup of your device using Desktop Software , then perform a Clean OS Reload , after reload don't restore any application from the backup , restore only your contacts or calender entries, If problem disappear then install one application at a time , if after installing any appliction issue appears just delete that particluar application,

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.