Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

help! :(

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I put some photos onto my blackberry curve 8520 off my camera so i can use one as my blackberry messenger profile picture. However when I go to set one, the picture is much too big and i can't get the picture to zoom out. Anybody know how to make them smaller, either on my phone or when transfering them?

thanks Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: help! :(

sammyxbonny wrote:

Hi,

I put some photos onto my blackberry curve 8520 off my camera so i can use one as my blackberry messenger profile picture. However when I go to set one, the picture is much too big and i can't get the picture to zoom out. Anybody know how to make them smaller, either on my phone or when transfering them?

thanks Smiley Happy

While adding  your profile picture you will get a crop and save option in the option menu. Check it out. this may help.

Or else you can crop it on your pc or laptop and then trasfer it back to yout BB and the add it as profile picture.

I hope you got it right.. Thank you.

Click on Like

If the Problem Solved mark as "Solution" for posts that have solved

Follow morrikevi7 on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

thanks for the reply, however ive already tried this. the picture itself is too big. Say i have a picture of me and three friends, only one of them will show up in the square box, the others i have to move across to see, if you understand what i mean? im unsure how to make it smaller as there is no option to zoom out.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

sammyxbonny wrote:
thanks for the reply, however ive already tried this. the picture itself is too big. Say i have a picture of me and three friends, only one of them will show up in the square box, the others i have to move across to see, if you understand what i mean? im unsure how to make it smaller as there is no option to zoom out.

Well in that case you need to resize on your desktop or laptop by using any photo editing aplications, such as photosnap or  Picasa.

After resizing it to 320 x 240 pixels trasfer to your BB. 

Click on Like

If the Problem Solved mark as "Solution" for posts that have solved

Follow morrikevi7 on Twitter

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,395
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Are you trying to make the picture such that ALL of you are in the cropped picture?

Or just your head?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code