Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Visitor
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: blackberry

help !

ive had my blackberry curve 9320 since last november and all of a sudden the scroller has stopped working, the phones in fine condition and it still works perfectly and but yesterday i left my phone on the cabinet for about 20 mins and from then the scroller isnt moving, it still clicks things but just wont move ive tried re-booting it about 6 times, ive put weight on the scroller over night and tried re-booting it again this morning and it still wont move at all, any one got any ideas?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: help !

Hello ceecee210

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If this problem appeared after installing any recent application then you should consider deleteing that particular or any other which might be responsible . For that first try to boot your device on safe mode :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

If that is not the reason then you should consider this KB :

KB29640 : Trackpad ,trackball, or keyboard not working on a BlackBerry Smartphone

So , you can try those suggestion given above or else you have to replace your Trackpad.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Visitor

thankyou for thatSmiley Happy but ive tried both of the methods but none of them workedSmiley Sad, shall i just get a new trackpad and see if that works? but the thing is i have no idea how to take my phone apart

Elite II

Hello ceecee210

Within that second KB i suggested there are 4 resolutions , have you tried all of them ! Or atleast # 3 and # 4 . You should try that .

If that fails then you can contact your Service provider who can replace the trackpad . Or if you want to do it yourself  then  there are many youtube videos available on internet which you can follow , but still you need a new trackpad which you have to order online or buy it locally .

So first try the above KB to confirm if your trackpad has a problem or its just a software glitch .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Visitor

i've just tried everything but not everything has came up as i cannot move the scroller at all i tried the test and i could not do that as i couldnt scroll to anything so im just going to take it to a shop and see if it needs a new trackpad instead of fiddling with it myself and risking anything, thankyou for the tips anyway!Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Elite II

Hi ceecee210

OK , if your trackpad is not allowing you to do any of those tests then visiting a repair shop is indeed a good decision . They are qualified for that . I hope and wish your problem resolves soon Smiley Happy

Good luck.