Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

helppp!

[ Edited ]

my blackberry bold 9000 hasn't been working very well the past few days. i left it in my school bag one day, and it was password protected. i guess with all of the moving from class to class, a bunch of different letters/numbers had been pushed and it had brought me to the final 2 attempts of the password. i typed it in, i was positive it was the right password. the second last attempt didnt work. it was my final attempt, and as usual, it said to type 'blackberry' and there was the promt saying that everything would be wiped from the phone. i typed in the password positive that it was the right one. i clicked the trackball to confirm it, and it froze for about 30seconds. when i looked back at the password, all of the "i" 's in the word were missing. so after the phone turned back on, i tried to text a friend. when i clicked for the menu, it wouldnt let me click on "compose sms". it would just move at random. when i finally was able to open a blank sms page, everytime i clicked the letter "i" it wouldn't come up, and somewhere in the next word it would appear at random. i thought it would be fine in a few minutes so i left it alone. when i came back to look at my phone, on the call log page, it had type in, by itself, ljiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. the phone was on a flat surface, nothing had any contact with it. i clicked the back button and locked the phone by holding *.

now, my battery will last me a few hours max. by itself, the box that says "Keypad is locked. Press (phonesymbol) and * to unlock" pops up. i think that is draining my battery.

does anyone know what might be wrong with my phone?

Message Edited by bbboolldd9000 on 10-01-2009 12:17 AM
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: helppp!

Definitely start by removing the battery for 15-30 seconds while the phone is on, then reinsert and let the phone reboot.  With any luck, this will resolve the problem, but if it doesn't let us know as we may need to take a slightly more drastic step.  Lets hope there isn't a hardware issue, so we'll start by dealing with the software related solutions first.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

bbbolldd9000, this sounds much like a moisture problem to the keyboard of the device. Has it been anywhere moist--a bathroom during a hot steamy shower, locker room or a back with sweaty clothes?

Remove the battery immediately, and place the device, opened, in a bag of dry white rice, to suck all the moisture out.

Leave it there for 3-4 days, unchecked and don't replace the battery everyday to see if it works. Be patient.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Got_Your_BlackBerry_Wet%3F

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Ahh, yes, the moisture in the bag... could be the case, especially if it's been raining in your area.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!