Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

hidden media files

So I just got my phone and I am playing around with it. And I took a picture veiwed the properties and saw an option tick box to hide the picture... My question is how do I retrieve the hidden file? I don't see an option to retrieve.... Please help
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: hidden media files

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Hide in this cast refers to the picture viewer, not the picture. If you select a picture and press hide,

You will be returned to the homescreen, the picture will not be hidden.

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-13-2008 08:33 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]
Hi, I've just done the exact same thing!but I struggled to find an answer on the forum so spent a while trying to figure it out. I found that when you go into the media app, use the menu to 'explore' then you can view the files in the folders. When in the folder you can use the menu to view hidden files. You can then gain access to the properties menu when viewing the 'hidden' photo and you can un-check the hide function. Apologies if you have already found an answer
Message Edited by helnf1982 on 11-02-2008 07:57 PM
My Device: blackberry 9320
My Carrier: mtn

My files were hidden after I transferred music via the computer but I managed to unhide the folders under the blackberry folder but I'm struggling to unhide blackberry folder. Please help me out