Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: etisalat

hlhlhlhlhl.... error message

Hi, I picked up a BB Bold 9900 after having a nightmare of a week with my BB Torch that I had been using for just over a year.  I have the following issues with both my phones:

NEW BB9900:

Inspite of transferring all my contacts from the Torch to the Bold, a lot of contacts are missing from my contact list in the Bold.  Why is this?  These are still visible in my Torch.  This makes it absolutely pointless for me to buy a BB if it cannot even retrieve my entire contact list.  Absolutely frustrating!

OLD Torch 9800:

1). Touchscreen, red touchbutton and keypad are dysfunctional.

2). Inspite of removing the SIM card, the "search box" on the home page seems to be typing hlhlhlhlhlhlhlhlhlhlhlhlhlhlhlhlhlhlhlhl....... automatically WITHOUT ANY INPUT WHATSOEVER! (spooky!)

3). BB Desktop Software version is up to date as per the Update link .  Says both the desktop ad device are using the latest version.  So no possibility of an upgrade.

How can I fix the issues with both the above devices? Please help!!

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: hlhlhlhlhl.... error message

Hi arunusc,

Regarding the issue you are having transferring contact lists, do you have multiple contact lists on your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone? You can see this in Contacts>Menu>Options. Was wireless contact synchronization enabled on the BlackBerry® Torch™ smartphone?

For the issue you are having with the touchscreen, keypad, and search box, please try to back up and perform a clean reinstall of the current version of BlackBerry® Device Software. For further instructions, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U

Hope this helps.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!