Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

home screen symbols

where can I find out what all of the home screen symbols mean?
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: home screen symbols

the user guide lists many of them

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/subcategories/?userType=1&category=BlackBerry%20Smart...

those you don't see listed, please ask here, or describe it as best you can.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I have a circle with a plus sign in the middle of it fo rthe first one and I saw something earlier that was a slanted box with a line on the top edge and another on the opposite bottom edge. I haven't been able to find them in any docs yet.
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

from that description, it could be the App World update.

Go to App World if you it loaded and either itself has an update or one of the Apps you've purchased has an upgrade ready.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi there, I have the symbol under the network, but I dont have application world or atleast I cant see it, and cant see if there is an update for it...any clues or help would be much appreciated.
New Contributor

that is why I am looking for a good list of all of the symbols so that I can understand what the odd ones mean when I get them. The one that looks like you are looking through a rifle scope now has )))) around it sometimes making me think that it is some sort of signal strength indication.

thanks

Don

I recently noticed a small white triangle icon on the top of the screen. On the home screen it is above the time. Any suggestions?

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB Tour 9630 / Sprint

small white triangle is the roaming indicator, the one with crosshairs shows that the gps is active and showing your location....

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote! - - Benjamin Franklin
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: student

home screen symbols

I have a curve 8520 and there is this alert symbol i don't know its meaning. As the messages ones, it has a "1" and then the symbol is a yellow circle with white lines going vertically and horizontally.

Does anyone know what it is???

Thank you!

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have the curve 8900 and have the same symbol (the yellow circle with white lines and a 1 next to it) and cant work it out either. Let me know if you find out! E