Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Tre

Re: home screen symbols

Let me be more clear - I have the symbol that looks like and envelope with a black center (looks like the BB symbol) and a red circle with a 1 in the middle.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

hey jpinter i dont know if you figured it out but i finally got rid of that icon that loks like an envelops with the app world circle in the middle...go to your messages folder and scroll through it, and find any unopened messages from the app world and open it. Then it should go away. 

My Device: Not Specified

My 8520 has stopped sending my SMS messages and against each of them appears a square (orange?) clock face? What does all this mean?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Tre

Thank you, celtics! That worked. I would have never figured that out since i never look in that inbox, which seems to be just a compilation of all messages from my various email inboxes, facebook and linkedin messages.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve

Capture on 03-15-2011 16-03-41.jpg

Can someone tell me what the icon just above the "A" in AT&T means?

thanks!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

That icon notification is for an app you have installed via AppWorld that has an update available. Two steps:

1) Go to MyWorld and check all of your apps -- install any updates you find.

2) Go to Messages and seek out unread messages that pertain to AppWorld updates (sorry, I've no idea of the exact syntax). Deal with those messages (read/delete) and the icon will go away. You may have to search all folders or indeed use the search function -- but the messages are there and must be dealt with to make the icon vanish.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Curve

Excellent.  Yes, Blackberry messenger needed updating.  Thanks for the super-fast answer, and Kudos (star clicked!)

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hiya mate. I've got that envelopey icon thing and tried your suggestion of opening any unopened messages and even deleted a few to make sure, but nothing happened. Cheers
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

That's because the most recent posts in this thread have nothing to do with that icon...the discussion shifted to the AppWorld update icon (the circle with an arrow inside). I've no idea what that other icon is as I've never seen it myself. Perhaps some of the earlier posts in this thread, while the discussion remained on that topic, would be useful to you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: blackberry curve 8900
My Carrier: amy

my dad has just started usin my old curve 8520 he has a pay as you go sim card.. the phone is fine but on the home screen there is a yellow phone with 4 next to it.. what does this mean?