Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

homepage text message won't delete

Hi - my first post so go easy on me Smiley Happy

This is a similar question to one recently posted.  The first text message I received on my 8100 now appears on my homepage (set as vodafone today - white) permanently even though I have tried to delete it.  It sits under the text/media messages icon and wording, if you see where I mean.

It's really annoying as I can't get rid of it and I would have thought this would default to the most recent message received.  Just can't seem to get rid even though it is deleted from my text message folder.

Aaaahhh help!!

J

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: homepage text message won't delete

Do a reset on the device: remove the battery from the device (while it is still powered on) for 10 seconds, then reinsert.
New Contributor

It worked - many thanks indeed.

Smiley Very Happy

New Contributor

Re: Re: homepage text message won't delete

Thanks, I did get the messages off my home page, but then I lost all my addresses. I did eventually find them by just playing around.I will still try a reset anyway. By the way, can a phone get a virus?
New Contributor

I removed the battery to reset, but I am told to do this without turning phone off
Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

had the same issue.  thanks for the tip.  this also solved my issue.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9850
My Carrier: Sprint

Hi I have a similar problem but with an email. I have a blackberry torch 9850 through Sprint and I recieve emails on my phone through my gmail account. I have an email message on my phone that I can not delete. When I select delete nothing happens. It has long since been deleted from my email on the computer but the message will not be deleted from my phone. I have had this problem in the past (it seems to occure randomly) only a few times and have done the soft reset by removing the battery for at least 10 sec with the device powered on and it has always worked in removing the message when it will not delete. But this time whe I remove the battery and do a soft reset it does not work. The message is still there. It is not saved and I recently updated the software/Operating system about a month ago. I am out of ideas, any suggestions?