Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: sim free

hope someone can help

I bought a blackberry curve 8520, sim free, from amazon, I must say it's a lovely phone, well I tried to set up an email account and you are supposed to have 2 options I think, the first being just setting up an email account, and the second option set up a blackberry enterprise server work email, on my screen I only have the second option, the enterprise one, can anyone help at all?, I hope I have explained it properly, do you think the phone is faulty, and should I send it back?

many thanks

Sparky

New Contributor

Re: hope someone can help

anyone?????????????????

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

First of all you need to make sure you have the Blackberry Internet Service package with your carrier.

Then once you have that, register your handset with your carrier and register your emails via your computer.

You'll be able to find the relevant Blackberry Carrier setup page on the Blackberry website:

UK Carriers

US and Canada Carriers

Then you will have your Service Books sent to you and you will start receiving emails for the addresses you set up.

Doing this online is the same as doing it on your handset, you wont have to do it twice.

This should solve your query.

New Contributor

thank you for your reply