Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch

hotmail problem

I dont receive messages from my hotmail account whereas gmail works properly. I can see messages in my computer but i cant see them in my 9800. Can anybody help me in this issue? Thanks
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: hotmail problem

Hello,

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB):

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > blackberry_logo.jpg (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your BIS conduits for the affected email accounts.

Further, you say you can see the HotMail messages on your computer -- is that the HotMail WebMail interface? Or is it a desktop email app (e.g., Outlook)? If the latter, then you may have your settings within your desktop email client set to remove items from the HotMail server when it downloads...and if it does so too frequently, there will be nothing left on the server when BIS next checks for new items to bring to the BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

First of all thanks for your help. But I don't have a "send service book" option in my 9800
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

The KB lists more than one way to send service books...try the other one. Or call your carrier...the SBs come from them.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I couldn't do it. I am so confused now. I don't receive any mails Smiley Sad
Hall of Famer III

Well, unfortunately, that gives me nothing to help you with. Perhaps you could go carefully through the process and come back with specifics and details about what step you are on and what is not working. Telling us that you are confused only makes us guess as to what is confusing you...and that doesn't help anyone.

You need to succeed at those three steps (in order). Steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message to your BB. If they don't, then proceeding to the next step is moot.

You also have not addressed your PC configuration...that as well could be causal.

You need to participate in this process...you are our hands, eyes, and ears...we only can know what you tell us. If you get frustrated and just throw up your hands, then there's nothing we can do to help the situation and you will continue to receive no email.

Let us know!

Highlighted
New Contributor

I know. when I try to send servicebooks using the second method it says "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access Blackberry Interne Service" although I use my BB. It says the same thing when I use my compturer:

New Contributor

Hi sdgadne,

I learnt that there is a problem between TURKCELL and HOTMAIL. I forwarded messages coming to my hotmail account to my gmail account: so my problem is solved. thank you for your helps.

Hall of Famer III

That's good! Thanks for coming back and telling us and congratulations on finding that workaround!

Cheers!

New Contributor

You welcome. You have given me the courage to search for the solution by myself.