Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

hotmail stopped working

I added my hotmail account successfully and then had to remove it to work on adding an outlook address.  I added the hotmail account a second time and recieved the Activation Server email saying Congrats you'll start receiving hotmail emails in 20 minutes and it never worked.  I deleted the account and set it up again, but same problem.  I did it using the bberry and also using the website.  Argh!  Any ideas?  Also, turned it off and removed battery and started it up again.  Still nothing.
New Contributor

Re: hotmail stopped working

Also, I can send email, just am not receiving them.
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

I had my hotmail stop working.  Try logging into your account from a pc.  As soon as I logged in from a pc, the emails starting streaming into my phone.  You can also delete the account from your BB and re-establish it.  This should work.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
New Contributor

Do you mean log into my hotmail account online?  I have been logged in off and on, but it hasn't made a change.  I checked my settings on my Blackberry Internet Service site and there aren't any filters set.  I resent the service books as the help menu suggested and deleted the old email notifications.  Popped the battery out again.  I can't see anything under settings that should be changed.  Sheesh, this is driving me NUTS! 
New Contributor

Fixed it.  I logged into hotmail account settings and changed my password.  Updated the password on my blackberry and it worked.  Completely weird, but it worked.  Yay.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: MTN

Never worked out on mine for over 3months now.