Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

hour glass it will

the hour glass is always coming up on my screen, like its trying to do something but it never does. it will pop up go away pop up go away all the time. how can i keep it from doing this? 
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: hour glass it will

[ Edited ]
Try pulling your battery, wait 30 seconds, pop it back in. Let the BB restart and see if that helps.

What is your File free? Options-status-3rd line down
Message Edited by IrwinII on 05-09-2009 10:18 AM
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor

39548900 bytes 

Mine used to do this A LOT when I first got it last June.  This fall I updated the firmware and it stopped doing it.  Recently (past three weeks) it has started again, though not nearly as much as before.  I solve the problem by removing battery like you said.  Still, is highly annoying when about to make a call and the hourglassing starts, seemingly for no reason.  My File Free is 35918277.  Thanks.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Those are good file free #'s. Do you keep many apps open in the background? That can eat up your memory. Use menu-close to shut them down. You can get Quick Pull (free app) to schedule a battery pull simulation every night. That could help as well.

I assume you keep media on an sd card.
What device and OS do you have?
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.