Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: me

how can i Restore BBM contact list by ID. ?

[ Edited ]

My old Black berry got broken .. And I bought new Black berry .. I want to restore my BBM contacts list !! How ? Plz anyone help me. 

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: how can i Restore BBM contact list by ID. ?

Hi midosss

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Which version of BBM are you using on your previous BlackBerry ? If you had BBM 7 then all contacts are stored with your BlackBerry ID if you use the same BlackBerryID on your new device your contacts will be restored, Or if you have a backup of your previous Device either by BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Protect then restore your Contacts from your backup files before updating your BlackBerry Messenger to ver.7.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I have the same BlackberryID .. And the contact list not Restored !! Old Virsion 9700 was BBM 6 !! right now 9900 and The virsion is BBM 7 ..
Elite II

Hi midosss

Do have a previous backup of your BBM contacts ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

No Smiley Sad .. But my friend changed his BlackBerry and restored his contacts by BlackBerryID without doing anything !!
Elite II

midosss wrote:
But my friend changed his BlackBerry and restored his contacts by BlackBerryID without doing anything !!

Hi midosss

If you don't have a Backup of your BBM contacts then I doubt from where you will get your contacts as your old device is broken.

Regarding your friend ,there are many possibiliteslike :

1. If he has done a Switch Device Wizard it will transfer everything from his old device to the new one .

2. If he has a Backup of this BBM Contacts and used BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore his BBM contacts list.

3. Or If he was having BBM 7 on his previous device, as  then all of his Contacts are stored with his BlackBerry ID and using the same BlackBerry ID on his new device restored all his BBM contacts.

Please check this Manual : My contacts and groups are missing .

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I have found the troubleshooting guide published by RIM about lost contacts in BBM7 :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/New-BBM-7-Update-Now-Available-Ge...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: bold5
My Carrier: bold5

I lost my bold5, and I both a new one, I didn't see my previous contact why?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

can you give more information ? What is a Bold5? What version of BBM did you have? What is your new device ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: