Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: globe
Accepted Solution

how can i get an earlier version of desktop software?

hi.. just got my blackberry curve 9320, i tried to download desktop manager/software for my pc but the version 7 doesnt work because im using windows xp. can i possibly get an an earlier version of desktop software? cant find it on this web, im showing only the v7..

please help.. thanks a lot Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: how can i get an earlier version of desktop software?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here are a couple of repositories...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

hi.. thanks for the welcome Smiley Happy

however, i tried downloading the v5 but got an error 1904 and when i tried to open the desktop manager and insert my my device, it seems like it cant be detected.. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Is there a specific reason you are going all the way back to Desktop V5? That's pretty darn old, and 6.1 was pretty stable...

As for that error message, there are 2 KBs that I find that reference it:

• KB19480 "Error 1904.Module" displays when trying to install BlackBerry Desktop Manager
  • KB03928 "Error 1904. Module <path & file name> failed to register" appears while installing the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Plus some release notes:

Especially going so far back, you may need to do a cleaner removal and reinstalling...this post has a process, most of which should be useful for your situation:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

hahaha.. i know its old.. but will v6 work for winxp?

Hall of Famer III

Check here:

Good luck!

New Contributor

lemme try that.. sorry im really having a hard time but thank u so much for your patience.. ur such a big help Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer III

You are most welcome!