Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

how can i transfer my nokia contacts (nbu) into blackberry

Please guide me how can i transfer my nokia phone back itoblackberry.

waiting for your reply

Thanks

New Contributor

Re: how can i transfer my nokia contacts (nbu) into blackberry

helloo any one one tell me how i transfer my nokia phone backup into my blackberry.

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8100 8300 8700 8800

Copy your contacts from your nokia to your sim card and then copy from your sim card to your blackberry.

If you have a carrier that does not use sim cards, then you will need some type of program to sync your nokia to your computer.

New to a Blackberry? Check out http://www.discoverblackberry.com
New Contributor

If you have any of the Symbian OS phones it should have come with software to sync with Outlook. Either that or borrow a N or E series phone (I think these are the right series phone but not sure if all come with sync software) from a friend and insert your SIM, install the software, and then sync with Outlook. I'm guess once it's in Outlook you can then sync to your phone with DM.
New Contributor

Re: how can I transfer my nokia contacts (nbu) into blackberry

If you have a Nokia phone that has Bluetooth, or you have the data cable for it you can use Nokia PC Suite to copy your contacts to outlook.  Then you would use the Blackberry desktop to transfer them back.  I just did this process when switching from a Nokia N80 to my curve.

Using  Noki you can extract the vCard (contacts) from the .nbu file and copy them to your black berry.
New Contributor

After a lot of research through various forums and web, I arrived at this solution which worked for me. I had a Sony Ericsson phone and wanted to transfer all my Contacts with details into my Blackberry 8820. I am positive that this solution will work for your Nokia to Blackberry too.

Check out my Solution Link : http://www.ehow.com/how_4543575_transfer-address-book-blackberry-phone.html

This describes the use of a Freeware software which is used to convert the Phonebook formats to Blackberry formats which makes it possible to transfer contacts.

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: mobily saudi

seeing the post everywhere on the web, i was surprised that there was easy answer for this question on the web although the answer is very easy, i had to figure it out by trial and error, any how of coarse everyone knows how to backup through outlook and you can find this answer any where, but for backup from .nbu is as follows,

first open the BB desktop manager

press synchronise,

then from the list on the left under "configure" press "synchronization",

then from the new window press synchronization tab,  for configuring the settings,

a window will  pop up, select "address book" and double click on "address book" a wizard will open,

select then from list "ASCII exporter/importer", press next,

select  "one way TO device from ASCII exporter/importer",  press next,

select browse tab and search for the .nbu file, press next ,  press finish

this will close the wizard and leave you in the window you were at previously, so then press "ok" to go back to the original window.

you have now set that the .nbu file you have will be your synchronization file.

then now from the original window of the desktop manager , from the list on the left press first button "synchronize"

tick fields of synchronization,  then press synchronize tab

voila Smiley Happy

and good luck

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks - Used the Blackberry Desktop Manager Synchronisation steps to the letter - only hiccup was having to disable wireless synchronisation on the device whilst sychronising from the  Desktop.

So far so good - once I kicked off the Sych. I even saw my 157 or so entries being actively synchronised but nothing in Contacts on the Curve - not under Groups - zero added entries.

Any further steps at device level to make these visible ?

My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello

Thanks for the info. However when I try the above and press the Sync button, no contacts get transferred and no error is generated either.

Can you help?

I checked the wireless sync option as suggested by someone else and that is selected as not available for the address book.

Thanks!

Abhi