Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: *

how can reload the 7.1 os through my web without the help of a desktop manager

I tried to reinstall the os 7.1 in my blackberry 9380 but halfway it showing up "reconnectiong jvm" and end up with one dialoge box " retry and cancel" now when my device is turned to "on" bu it showing the error of 507 "reload the os" the problem is my device is detected by desktop manager but cant able to use , may i know how can i reload the os directly through web /?/

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: how can reload the 7.1 os through my web without the help of a desktop manager

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

I see your problem have you tried these methods? 

How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software fo...

Re: how can reload the 7.1 os through my web without the help of a desktop manager

BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.0:

1. Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
  2. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
  3. Once prompted to Retry, Update or Cancel, click Update. If available updates are found Desktop Manager will prompt you to Get UpdateUpdate Later or View other versions
  4. Click Get Update to install the recommended software version or View other Versions to manually select the version you wish to install and click Install.
  5. In the Update Options screen there is the option to enter the email address to be notified in future when there may be new software versions available. 
    1. fill in the checkbox and enter the email address in the text field to receive email notifications
    2. uncheck the checkbox and leave the text field blank to not receive updates.
  6. Reinsert the Battery which was removed in step 1
  7. Click Install Update

till now i done it and in between it showing reconnection jvm , after that again one box came with two option cancel and retry, literally updation forcefully stopping here and thats why now i put the battery into it and normally the booting started but it finished with showing 507 error and saying reload the software, as per indication showing , i get into the bb site of 507 but no use of that . literally now my bb 9380 is partially dead due to the incompletion of update. if there is any possible ways to complete the updation directly through internet .

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

gibin wrote:

till now i done it and in between it showing reconnection jvm , after that again one box came with two option cancel and retry, literally updation forcefully stopping here and thats why now i put the battery into it and normally the booting started but it finished with showing 507 error and saying reload the software, as per indication showing , i get into the bb site of 507 but no use of that . literally now my bb 9380 is partially dead due to the incompletion of update. if there is any possible ways to complete the updation directly through internet .

Hi gibin

The 507 error, which basically means that a part, or all of the actual OS is missing from the handset, You have to reinstall the device Software to recover from this error . Have you tried to follow the next article as Rob suggested ?It may resolve your problem .

Or another way to recover from this error is to download and re-install a fresh OS pack from your Carrier or any other , to do that follow those simple instructions :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade / Reload will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

okei and i went to the site http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html and i choose the carrier "bharath sanchar nigam limited" but in the product option there is no option for blackberry curve 9380 , so is it possible for select the option of model number bold 9790 ? i think both have the same os , so what is your suggestion ?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

gibin wrote:

okei and i went to the site http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html and i choose the carrier "bharath sanchar nigam limited" but in the product option there is no option for blackberry curve 9380 , so is it possible for select the option of model number bold 9790 ? i think both have the same os , so what is your suggestion ?

gibin ,

No you cannot choose OS pack which is for other device model . As I already said you have to download and Install the OS pack which is specifically for your device model !

Have you bought your 9380 from BSNL ? Or just using a BSNL SIM card ? 

You can download the OS pack for your device model from here Software Download from Redington (India) Limited . After download the OS specific to your device model follow those above  instructions.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.