Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

how do I know with my torch if I am connected to blackberry unlimited internet or my optus internet?

Because there's only one browser I don't know if I am using the blackberry internet that I get free and unlimited browsing or if I am using the optus internet that costs money? Any help would be sweet thankyou soo muchm.

Also just wondering when I am using blackberry messenger does that data come off my blackberry unlimited internet or does it come off the optus internet that costs money? Thanks for your time and help talk soon!
Contributor

I need help with browsing on my blackberry torch....

How do i know if I am using the blackberry internet on my torch? it only has one browser where as my old phone had 3 one was browser, the other internet browser and the other was optus zoo which cost money but now the torch only has one browser and I am confused as to whether or not I am using the unlimited blackberry browsing that is included in my plan or if I am using Optus's internet that costs money.

any help would be sweet Smiley Happy

also just wondering with blackberry messenger does that come out of my unlimited blackberry internet? or does that come out of the optus internet that costs money??

thankyou

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I need help with browsing on my blackberry torch....

You will be using the Internet browser.

And BBMessenger uses data from your unlimited package.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Ohh okay so the torch its only called browser would that be using my blackberry option that includes unlimited browsing? I'm just confused as to how I know if I'm connected to the blackberry internet or the optus zoo wap internet that costs money I don't want a huge bill lol.

So if I use the browser that is just called 'browser' am I using the unlimited blackberry browsing?
And how do I know when I have connected to the optus internet?

Thankyou so much for your reply any further help in regards to the questios I've just asked would be much appreciated thankyou

Yes, the "browser" uses data from the unlimited internet package.

If you don't want to use the Optus data, go to your Device > Options > Advanced > TCP settings and remove the entries at the APN setting there.

Some third party apps do use chat APN data, so you might lose function on a third party app.

Also, know that anytime you're on a WiFi connection, you'll be using the WiFi for data, not the unlimited data.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Awesome thankyou so much. Just wondering are those options for the blackberry torch 9800? Everything seems different compared to the torch to my old curve haha.

So what entries do I have to remove?

And also is the blackberry unlimited internet is that wap internet? Or is that the optus internet?

Thankyou sooo much for your help. Are you from Australia by any chance?
Regular Contributor

Re: how do I know with my torch if I am connected to blackberry unlimited internet or my optus internet?

If you have an unlimited data plan then ALL your data be it bbm or using the browser is included.

I'm sure ur carrier has a fair usage policy so find out what that is but I doubt u would get anywhere near it anyway.

Hope that helps.
If i help solve your problem, Click that button to the right of the screen.

Thank you very much.

Rob
Contributor

Re: how do I know with my torch if I am connected to blackberry unlimited internet or my optus internet?

Yeah its a unlimited blackberry email and unlimited blackberry browsing through the blackberry browser and/or blackberry internet browser. But because the blackberry torch 9800 only has one browser named "browser" would that be the browser when I can browse as much as I want? Or do I need to change settings or something? Or should I be sweet leaving the default settings I got when I got the phone??

Thanks heaps man for you're reply
Contributor

And also some people have told me different stories some have told me I can only view the blackberry site and once I get away from that site it will cost me money and go to the optus internet. But then someone else told me I get all browsing free through my browser just its streaming media and all that that costs money??

Have you looked yet?

The exact path may vary on the Torch, but the same options are there.

Remove the APN information.

No, I am not in Australia.

Knowledge Base Updates