Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

how do I receive files?

My friend sent me a pic and when I click download now it says receiving content then stops what do I do to view the file
Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: how do I receive files?

how was the picture sent. txt, bluetooth or email.

as far as i know it should be stored in your pictures folder.

it stores them by month so if it was sent yesterday press this month and it will show all pictures received or taken this month.

or do you mean it stops before you receive the image. normaly you should get a popup box saying ok or cancel.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

it was in a text message so picture message. I click download now and it says receiving content... then stops and doesnt do anything

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

My brand new Curve 9330 started having the same problem 16+ hours into ownership.

The solution for mine (per http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/This-is-the-best-fix-for-your-device/td-p/41... ) is to remove the battery and reinstall it.  When the system came back up I went back to the text message and the 'Download Now' button no longer existed - the picture did.  So "Download Now" seems to be Blackberry's euphemism for "can't" or maybe "Remove Battery".

Bon Chance,

-Chris