Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

how do I turn my radio back on

My 8130 pearl has the radio off  and I do not know how to turn it back on????  Please Help me!!!
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: how do I turn my radio back on

I am not sure if the 8130 has it but on my Pearl 8100 there is an icon that says Turn Wireless Off/On. Does your BlackBerry have that icon?

There is an icon on your desktop "manage connections" click on that and then check the Mobile Network box ..

Contributor

Thanks so much it worked.
New Contributor

I just bought a Blackberry 8130 and was told there was no radio capabilities on any data devices.  My partner has the chocolate flip phone and has mobile x radio on it.  How did you get radio on your phone?  There is not even an icon on my blackberry.  Thanks
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8300

When the OP used the term "radio" they were referring to the chip inside the phone that allows it to send and recieve calls and data.  Smiley Happy

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130 and my radio will not turn on. I have tried going into Manage Connections and turning it on manually but it doesn't work. HELP!!!

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

roxygirrll wrote:

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130 and my radio will not turn on. I have tried going into Manage Connections and turning it on manually but it doesn't work. HELP!!!

Make sure the battery is charged. Once the battery is below a certain level it will automatically turn off the radio. I would also recommend that you create new thread instead of hijacking someone elses old thread.

Re: Re: how do I turn my radio back on

My sms icon is saying dssma exception and I cannot open texts - can anyone help?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Re: how do I turn my radio back on

sgleadall wrote:
My sms icon is saying dssma exception and I cannot open texts - can anyone help?
Please check the following discussions about the DSSMA exception :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/search?submitted=true&type=message&sort_by=score&advanced=tr...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: