Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9850
Accepted Solution

how do I upgrade to os 7.1?

Hi, I have my new torch 9850, downloaded and installed BB desktop software-said an update was avail that put it up to 7.0.0.464-platform 5.0.0.635.
I followed a link from us cellular to update to os 7.1.
Downloaded and ran that and it did nothing-so how do I update to 7.1?
BB desktop software says no update available?

I have not activated my phone yet.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: how do I upgrade to os 7.1?

Activate your phone then open BlackBerry Desktop Software again. If your carrier offers 7.1, it will appear there. If not, there's a thread in these forums detailing the steps to take.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: bold touch 9900
My Carrier: MTN

see if you cant do it with your desktop manager then u have to download it from www.swdownloads.blackberry.com after that sroll down to and click support then click download software for blackberry and destop then they will tell you to sellect your carrier sroll down until you see us cellular click on it and then they will tell you to select your product find your device and click next then you can do the rest your self

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I activated my phone-desktop mgr shows other os available but only for blackberry service subscribers??

I signed up for a Blackberry ID also-

After selecting a 7.1 bundle I get this error message-

This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service.

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well I found out when they activated my phone they signed me up for android data-not blackberry.

So I fixed that, tried to update,shows update avail, tried to update-failed.

Tried again, install is complete, reboot cycle-connecting to device ( this may take a while) stuck at about 90%-had a error message popup saying " could not connect to boot manager" password may be required on device?? this is a new phone never had a password, clicked on retry and it's just stuck doing nothing.

My phone seems to be working though, I checked installed software and it's the latest-how do I go about exiting the update process which is stuck?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

You can go ahead and unplug your phone if things are working properly. If something isn't complete, you can always plug your phone back in to complete it at a later time.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks