Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: hungary & 8520
My Carrier: 3

how do i put my BB id account back on?

Someone changed my bb ID account into his. I've been trying to change it by putting mine back on but I forgot my user name and password. I'm on my 9th attempt now. Smiley Sad what do I do here?? Please help me.. Somebody..
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: how do i put my BB id account back on?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Firstly, refer:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

If your BB is indeed associated with a different BB ID, then it must have already been wiped before the prior change, and will need to be wiped again in order for you to now change it.

But, since you don't know any of your credentials, you are in a bit of a situation...and in that situation none of the automatic recovery method can work for you. So you now have a choice to make.

If you have no AppWorld records that you require to retain (e.g., purchase records for apps), then simply abandon the BB ID and create a new one. After conducting the WIPE, you would then proceed (as per the above KB) to create a new BB ID rather than attempting to recover the old one.

But, if you do have AppWorld records that you must keep, then you require human intervention. To receive that, you must ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate your case up to BlackBerry. Further, you must convince BlackBerry to provide you with a solution -- which likely will either be telling you what your current BB ID is (and resetting it so that you can again access it) or having you create a new BBID and they will manually move your purchase records over. Note that I have no idea if they will be willing to do any of this, but there is no other way that I know of to retain your prior AppWorld purchase records.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................