Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

how do i set my alert on my phone

Ok let's say I have my phone on my desk and Ieave for a moment and I receive a text and when I come bak I didn't know I got a text how can I set an alert so it can sound for like every 2 mins or w.e plz help
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: how do i set my alert on my phone

the easy way is the red flash lighting on your phone, you can change any alerts on your phone, go to Profiles, scroll down to advanced and menu again, you have the chance to change every item.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Regular Contributor

yes, I think what you are after is exaclty what I was used to with my Palm Treo, a way of it "Audio wise" of alerting you a few times.  the light is great, but you don't always look at the phone, or....  check yourpocket for SMSs?

anyone know a way? 

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If you need a continuing alert, you should look into BBAlerts at www.handango.com
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

that site u gave me it dont work for the blackberry bold anoybody know anything else i can do to alert me for missed calls and text messages.and thats right im not goin to be checkin my phone to see if i got a missed call it should have came with an alert like my sidekick lx alerted me for anything i missed every 2 mins and it was great it was loud and viberate and all plz help anybody thanks

Sammy

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

You can't access to www.handango.com ? what about by Wifi ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor

it says its not compabiable however u spell it with the blackberry bold do u have any other soultion?

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BBAlerts works well on the Bold, I am using BBAlerts on the Bold myself. I would not have recommended if it didn't work, I didn't recommend it to waste your time.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

I have handango installed on the bold now, but when I search for Alert, it does not find it? 
Contributor

i want an alert that when im away from my phone it will vibrate or ring with a tone to let me know i have a text or w.e i missed while i wasd away from the phone does anybody get me???and also im not going to keep lookin and checkin my phone to see if i have a missed call or text i hope they have something help me out