Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

how do u retrieve data send from blackberry?

Hi, I need to send an email to blackberry and upon the user's reply, i have to store that data in the database. Can u plz help me in this regard. How do u send an email from web-browser and later retrieve the data in a data base.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: how do u retrieve data send from blackberry?

hello, do I understand your need correctly ?

1 you send an email to a user, with a link to a web page that is hosted by a web server of yours
2 the user replies to you, through the web page
3 you want to store the content of the forum in a database on the web server

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

ya..correct..I need to store that data send by the user. I'll be sending some email which the user can accept or reject. I need to store that flag.
Guru I

then easiest way is to have a webserver and have someone code for you that. You will have two URLs, one for YES and one for NO
and everytime some user clicks on one link, it increments a counter on the server.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

actually, I have to code for this and I dont know how u do it. Also how do u get that counter in ur database. How does it get registered. I am veri knew to this. Please guide me. It'll be a big help.
Guru I

this has nothing to do with BlackBerry technologies.
you can try and install xampp and look at the examples.
how to write in a SQL table, and so on.

Highlighted
New Contributor

See, I have to code only using Java-J2EE. I have to send and retrieve emails from Blackberry. Get user's reply and store that Flag in database. How should I be doing that who doesn't know a thing about Blackberry. Please...plz help..Smiley Sad
Guru I

your coding has to be done on a web server. if your web server uses Java then you cannot use xampp (which uses php). Are you using Tomcat ?

if what I wrote is correct, then this will work for any user, whether they use a BlackBerry device or Outlook or GMail or any other mail client.
If what I wrote is not correct, then please detail your needs.

New Contributor

ya correct..we are using Tomact 6..how do u proceed after that
Guru I

khushi289 wrote:
ya correct..we are using Tomact 6..how do u proceed after that
This is a BlackBerry technology oriented forum, you are asking questions about web development. I think the best for you is either to find tutorials on internet on "how to create a web application on tomcat with a database" or directly try a Tomcat oriented forum.