Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

how do you move your memo files to your computer

i have connected my blackberry to my computer via USB and would like to access my memo files but am unable. i also want to save them to the memory card, yet i can not seem to do so. any ideas would be helpful.

thanks

angelofdeath

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: how do you move your memo files to your computer

Angel, you can't move the MemoPad application files to the Media Card.

You can sync them to your PC and Outlook via Desktop Manager, or to a CSV text file if you want. Check out Desktop Manager > Sync > Configuration and look for the prompts to advanced > select your Memo Pad on the BB and the target of the sync.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: telcel

great info thanks. a ?, i have bold 9000 and like to use the memopad. but when i want to sync with my computer is there a way to recevie the sync in text format not csv text file? or an easier wat to just access the memopad via the desktop manager? thanks for your energy.

cisco mexico

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: bold 9700

it's easy

-Go to Memo pad

-select the memo you want to transfer

-press the Menu button on your BB

-select Forward as

-select Email

-type your email address and send

; ) 

contact me if you have questions

I'm also on Youtube "ubaydmukoon"

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: telus

Hey, I saw one of your posts and you seem to know what your talking about. I'm struggling seriously to view my memos from my BB Curve 9360 on my computer. I've downloaded BB Desktop Software Manager and tried nearly everything to view them. I've tried searching through files, synching, and I just really need help. The memos on this phone are very important to me.

Please Get Back,
Thanks,
ShanerGor

New Contributor

Hey, I saw one of your posts and you seem to know what your talking about. I'm struggling seriously to view my memos from my BB Curve 9360 on my computer. I've downloaded BB Desktop Software Manager and tried nearly everything to view them. I've tried searching through files, synching, and I just really need help. The memos on this phone are very important to me.

Please Get Back,
Thanks,
ShanerGor

Shane, sync your BlackBerry using the BlackBerry Desktop Software to PC's Outlook application, that's one solution.

Another is to sync from your BlackBerry to a CSV ascii-based file (from which you can then open in Excel to view).

If you need help with either, please let me know.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I have both Excel and Outlook ... so I should go to Device (top left of BB Desk Software) .. then click Synch all ... Sorry to be such a bother .. but is there any chance you have access to a Instant messging system (Face-book, My Space, Tagged, MSN?)

ShanerGor wrote:
I have both Excel and Outlook ... so I should go to Device (top left of BB Desk Software) .. then click Synch all ... Sorry to be such a bother .. but is there any chance you have access to a Instant messging system (Face-book, My Space, Tagged, MSN?)

Shane, in the BlackBerry Desktop Software, to sync your memos to your Outlook, you will FIRST setup Outlook as the sync "partner", you will set it up to Outlook.

Then you will choose Organizer > Sync.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodacom

Hi i have moved my memo files successfully now but now my problem is i dont know how to view the files in outlook please help swiftly