Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

how do you sort by city?

Use Act with Companionlink and have over 1000 contacts. When traveling I like to have them grouped by city,

then by company. How can i do this?

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: how do you sort by city?

In BlackBerry device you can sort your address book by First Name, Last Name or Company . Sorting by City is not possible. But you can group your address book by having different groups and manually adding your contacts to those groups.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Thanks tanzim, 

Is there any 3rd party software that would help me. I prevously had a Palm for many years and it was no problem to sort. I am new to Blackberry and studying the manuals & playing around with it to make it work for me. Basicly I have several territories with customer contacts, some customers have secondary contacts and ph numbers. These customers are in a dozen cities. My goal is to sort my customers by any of the following. Territory, customer, and city. Each customer will show the main contact plus secondary contacts and their phone #'s. Did I make a mistake buying a Blackberry vs a new Palm?

Contributor

Hi,

I kind of have the same problem. I got used to the features of Palm and I find BB being a little dumb in that concern...

Good luck, I guess we just have to get used to it till the developer comes up with something better.

Taylor