Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

how to create new file folders for pics

My sd card may be corrupt, but I tried to move pictures to new folders and I get the message "Directory full".  How would I normally make new folders so that I can have separate folders for different subjects?
Developer
My Device: 9000

Re: how to create new file folders for pics

ssk600 wrote:
My sd card may be corrupt, but I tried to move pictures to new folders and I get the message "Directory full".  How would I normally make new folders so that I can have separate folders for different subjects?

Hi ssk600...

Attach your BB Handheld using the USB and go enable Mass Storage. You should be able to mount the phone with a drive letter on your PC. Once that is done, you can create folders using the Windows explorer shell. Create the folder and move the pictures you want into the new folder using the Explorer in XP or Vista. Once your done managing your new folder and moving your pictures, remove the USB. You will be able to see the new folder once you open up Media icon and menu your pictures on the Media Card.

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Contributor

Can I do it directly on the BB?

Developer

ssk600 wrote:

Can I do it directly on the BB?

Hi ssk600;

Yes, providing your able to see your media card.

You can then use the menu key once your in My Pictures (this is your MicroSD) and create a folder.

Then menu a picture and use the MOVE function.

H.

Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Contributor

thanks, you have been very helpful.  i've been having trouble with my kingston sd card, so that might be the problem. i ordered a sandisk 8gb card, so that should do the trick.
Developer

ssk600 wrote:
thanks, you have been very helpful.  i've been having trouble with my kingston sd card, so that might be the problem. i ordered a sandisk 8gb card, so that should do the trick.

Hi...

Depending on what OS your Blackberry Phone has you may have difficulty using the 8gb cards in earlier OS versions.

4.5 OS now supports 8gb cards. Please review your OPTIONS / STATUS and look at your OS version of your Blackberry Handheld device.

Please leave kudos if I have resolved your issue.

Thx...

H.

Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Contributor

I have 4.3 OS.  Can I just upgrade? Do you have a link?  The 8gb card I ordered said it would work with the 8330.
Developer

ssk600 wrote:
I have 4.3 OS.  Can I just upgrade? Do you have a link?  The 8gb card I ordered said it would work with the 8330.

Hi...

I think the Vzn 8330 with 4.3 will support the 8gb. One trick I used at work on 3 8310's with 4.2. I formatted the MicroSD in a PC using FAT and then inserted the card into the phone. It worked. 4.2 is the heartburn using 8gb MicroSD cards. I would wait for the card to arrive and place the card into the phone to see if you can manage it. What is going on with your old card?

H. 

Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Highlighted
Contributor

with my old card, i added several songs and pics fine and a day later i couldn't load anymore even though i still had 50% memory left, so i reformatted the card and added some more.  then it just stopped accepting anymore data.  the card is a kingston which is a little over a year old.  i used it in my krzr.