Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

how to delete bookmarks?

How do you delete Bookmarks I have saved? I have opened bookmarks under internet globe icon, then highlighted a bookmark. Then clicked BB menu key scrolling for a Delete button and none is there. Next I clicked on the bookmark I want to delete and scrolled again for a delete and non exists. So how do you get to delete a bookmark?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Forums Advisor I

Re: how to delete bookmarks?

Never mind. Now delete is showing up as an option again.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
New Contributor
My Device: 8???
My Carrier: tmoble

This is the page I get when I search for deleting bookmarks..see below

I want to delete my bookmarks or the whole folders!  what does > mean???? How do you highlight a bookmark??? there is no highlight OR select key option???? There is no delete option!?  Is this a joke... I have the latest blackberry received in April 2011Help us.......This is the same info I found when searching help on my phone.  There is an edit button but no delete and I've been playing with the phone for a half hour now.....HELP!!!!

1. On the Home screen, click the Browser icon.
  2.  Press the Image of the Menu key key > Bookmarks.
  3.  Highlight a bookmark.
  4.  Press the Menu key.
    • To change a bookmark, click Edit. Change the bookmark. Press the Image of Escape key key. Click Save.
    • To delete a bookmark, click Delete.
Forums Advisor I

kterbo wrote:

This is the page I get when I search for deleting bookmarks..see below

I want to delete my bookmarks or the whole folders!  what does > mean???? How do you highlight a bookmark??? there is no highlight OR select key option???? There is no delete option!?  Is this a joke... I have the latest blackberry received in April 2011Help us.......This is the same info I found when searching help on my phone.  There is an edit button but no delete and I've been playing with the phone for a half hour now.....HELP!!!!

1. On the Home screen, click the Browser icon.
  2.  Press the Image of the Menu key key > Bookmarks.
  3.  Highlight a bookmark.
  4.  Press the Menu key.
    • To change a bookmark, click Edit. Change the bookmark. Press the Image of Escape key key. Click Save.
    • To delete a bookmark, click Delete.

Do you need help or not?

New Contributor

Do I need help or not??  Dude did you read what I posted... The "help info I listed and lfound was was useless. As I could not find the features they were talking about.. There is no delete, no select, nothing is found  when I hit this key  Image of the Menu key ...... the help info is usless!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Hello kterbo,

I can see you are rather frustrated with your issue ; but I suggest you use another attitude. The contributors here are BlackBerry users (just like you) who spend part of their free time to help unknown people (just like you).

You may have difficulties understanding the Help provided, I do not believe LCromwell deserves in any way your reply.

Now, the > sign means 'then'.
so on stop 2 for instance, you click on the BlackBerry key, then you select the "Bookmarks" entry (and click on it).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Advisor I

What I found was you have to go to the Bookmark folder and then click it to open it. Then highlight a bookmark you want to delete and then click BB Menu key. There should be a delete in that scroll list. You can only delete one at a time.
Forums Advisor I

Thanks Xandrex.
New Contributor

My reply frustration is to blackberry! I wrote that I was totally stuck and described it... Why then would LCromwell came back to say do you need help or not? .....???

I need someone to tell me why there is no delete key.  I can easily find and open and highlight the bookmarks.... and I even listed the total steps that I followed that did not work at all.  

I tried what you described LCromwell and as I said in my first email.... there is no delete key coming up.. I can find and open everything... there is no delete when I highlight any bookmark!  

What the heck blackberry?!  Get it right and be consistent. Where are the blackberry experts? Are they even on this site? 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

I will repeat myself. This forum is a community forum. The people here are BlackBerry owners (like you) who take part of their FREE TIME to help other people (like you). In the real world, when you seek help from someone, you do not use such an attitude.
If you want formal support, you can contact T-Mobile hotline. You pay them every month for them to take care of your BlackBerry services. They are supposed to fulfill every wish of yours, including you yelling at them to some extent.
We are not supposed to be expected anything from us, except our good will because we are nice guys. There is no bond between you and us, except the fact that you own a BlackBerry device just like I do.

That being said, in the Bookmarks page, Have you been able to highlight a given bookmark unlike last saturday?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: