Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

how to dispaly calendar weeks on my torch 9800, running under v6

I'm runninng version 6.0 Bundle 2647

(v6.0.0.600, platform 6.6.0.223)

what I'm missing on my torch are the calendar weeks? I did not ifnda  setting to enable it. I synch with Outlook where I have the calendar week enabled, I used windowns mobile 6.5 befroe and liked the caledar weeks. As calendar weeks are an important information in my daily business discussions.

So I urgently want to have caledar weeks enabled.

Any hint welcome, thanks Tom

Developer
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

Re: how to dispaly calendar weeks on my torch 9800, running under v6

Hi Tom, you want your calender easily accessible on your home screen? With you phone just shift it to icons where the app on your home screen show.

If your using BES you should have the service book CICAL inorder for you to use it and sync with either your Outlook and other apps in your phone
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
Contributor

no instead of just the calendar I want to have in addition the calendar week displayed,

examplke:

week 37

Mo Tue  Wed and so on............

what I'm missing is the display of the caleder week number in the week view at least, ideally I would have it as well in the month view and everywhere....

so displaying my celandar and all the wirless sync while on the road with my company outlook clander is not the problem, that all works like a breeze....

just I would like to get the week number as na additional information.....strangely my colleguas have it on theire bberry curve or whatrever they are using....just it seams to have been forgotten on the torch, can that be?

Thanks Tom

Contributor

cal week.jpg

so here you see what I mean: we are at calendar week 37, but that information is form my outlook and thats what I'm missing onthe bberry torch screen....

Developer

Under Calender options>general options you can choose initial view to week, that way your week will show each time you login.

Do you have the CICAL service book under option>advanced>service books? I'd you enter an appointment directly on your bb calender is it showing properly?
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
Contributor

I do not have anything installed in addition, I have the torch just reinstalled with new OS after battery drain problem.

So I have the calendar like out of the box...

Again, my problem is not seeing the caledar week, that is working, but on the calendar week view I'm missing the catual caledar week number... today as example we have calendar week 37

Also caledar appointments enter on the device are shown properly and synch automatiacally (wireless) into my outlook calendar. All as it should, except of the week number which is not shown....

Tom

Contributor

cal week1.jpg

on bberry torch the week number (this week 37) is not displayed in none of the veiws, and there is no configuration setting on the device to switch caldar weeks on.

Contributor

are there people form RIM on this forum board as well?

Or anyone out there having calendar weeks?

Tom

Developer

Hi,

View as week is not showing your week on top? Let me try to share this with the others

Try my apps:
Contributor

correct