Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

how to get torch home screen to just show no apps when menu bar is closed?

[ Edited ]

Please bear with me, I'm struggling with how to explain this ha ha!

On the torch homescreen, you touch the 'all' bar at the bottom to display the full menu. When you touch the bar again it closes the menu of apps.

When I first got the torch the menu, when closed, displayed just one row of 4 apps (SMS, browser etc) But I must've pressed something unknowingly or changed a setting so it showed no apps at all when i closed the menu. I preferred this as I like the home screen to just show the background on the phone and not look cluttered.

However it changed back recently and is now showing TWO rows of apps now not even just one! and can't for the life of me figure out how to change it back??

Thanks to anyone who helps!

My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: how to get torch home screen to just show no apps when menu bar is closed?

Just touch and drag down to the bottom of the screen. You'll then see just the arrow ^ (You can adjust that way for 0 to 3 rows of icons.) Then, when you tap the bar with the arrow, you'll get your full screen of icons back.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Thank you so much! I feel stupid now. I'm usually pretty good with handling new technology etc but looks like I was making my job harder by attempting to change it in settings rather than try and drag it ha ha!

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Airtel

Please, can I make d icons on the display more than 4 on a row?
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

@ahmad_tunde, you'd have to change the size of the icons which you can't do so the answer is "No".

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.