Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

how to open ipd backup files

After an operating system update I lost a very important calendar profile..did a system restore but calendar did not come back.  How can I access the backup file manually to see if the calendar exists and is there any other way to restore the profile?

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: how to open ipd backup files

Have you tried restoring ONLY the calendar... using the Desktop Software > Device > Restore > click on Select data and scroll down to and click only on the Calendar to restore?

Otherwise, you can MagicBerry from Menastep to extract calendar data from a BlackBerry IPD backup file.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for the prompt restore reply....just did a calendar only restore and still nothing....it's as if the profile never existed.  I had 3 profiles...work, personal, and a default (which is where BB stored all my prior info when I upgraded from a Curve several months ago)....any other suggestions?? this is a HUGE issue for me.

Are all three of those email profiles to which the calendar was attached still active on the device?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

actually, the work and personal still appear open and postable however, the default (which items were posted to when I upgraded the phone several months ago) is viewable but does not appear on the drop down list if posting a new item....but all the personal calendar entries (past and future) have disappeared.

New Contributor

actually, after downloading the MagicBerry you suggested, I had a look at the profile from my old 8310 and it seems as if there were lots of items that didn't transfer to the 9800 upgrade....however, the files are not broken down into the calendar profiles....beginning to feel that I will not be able to recover this in a usuable fashion...would it be advantageous to use only one calendar profile in the future....not sure how to move forward

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

I wrote an Excel macro which reads an IPD file and produces various text files / reports for DBs detected on the IPD. I report on all entries in the Calendar DB and the Calendar - All DB. Go to my website https://sites.google.com/site/ipdparse and download the macro and documentation. All my services are free. Contact me via email found on my website if you have any questions or further needs. Mike
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

how to repair a corrupted ipd file ???????
Highlighted

How do you know it is corrupted?

Knowledge Base Updates