Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 9830
My Carrier: doctor

how to remove my blackberry password using desktop

i have a bb curve 9830 the touch isnt working any more so i cant go into the menu is there a way i can remove the password using my computer till i get the part to fix it

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: how to remove my blackberry password using desktop

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, yes there is...but it is totally drastic...via the Desktop Software, you can perform a ResetToFactory WIPE, which will remove the password. Of course, it will also remove everything else from your device -- contact lists, calendar, integrated email accounts, messages, apps, etc. etc. etc. It truly does what it says -- ResetToFactory condition, as if it just rolled off the manufacturing line.

Other than that, no...the actual setting to create/change/remove the device lock password can only be accessed via the on-device interface.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................