Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: StarHub

how to reset my bb device password without wiping out my data

hello there,

I forgot my BB torch device password after a long time without using it. I had set only 4 times attempts for security earlier. Now, I have tried 3 times already and dare not to try the last attempt as all of my data will be erased.

please let me know if anyone of you know how to reset the password without erasing all my data.

Thanks in advance!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: how to reset my bb device password without wiping out my data

Hi LayzeeBird

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You have to remember and enter the correct password that you have set in your device, By no other mean you can access or reset the device password . If you fail your device will initate a wipe process deleting all data within your device. I think you might have a mixture of different characters in your password,and you are unable to enter those on the BlackBerry  keyboard. For example , if your password is

Lay123

• And you enter L > a > y > alt > 1 > 2 > 3 
  •  the actual result will be
  • Lay1er
  • You must enter
  • L > a > y > alt > 1 > alt > 2 > alt > 3
  •  to get Lay123 on your device.

So, while on the BlackBerry  keyboard you think you are typing Lay123, you are actually typing Lay1er

Please think carefully and try to enter it again correctly . If you fail in this process and if you have a backup of your device then after a wipe you can restore it.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Hi Prince2012, Thanks for such a nice explanation. I have BB Tour 9630. Here is my scenario:
Now I know my password and I consumed my 9 attempts. My password is 1245. I completely forgot how I keyed in a while ago, I mean whether I used to enter alt 1 ^ alt 2 ^ alt 4 ^ alt 5 OR just 1245.
And I have only ONE attempt left. Please help. I have thousands contacts on this phone. Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With only one attempt left, you have only one chance before your device WIPES. Since you have used 9 attempts, what have you already attempted? If you can tell us that, then we might be able to make a good next guess for you...but with only 1 attempt left, and if you cannot remember what you tried in those failed 9 attempts, then your guess will be just as good as ours.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I will figure-out before proceeding and update here.
What about Incident-Based Support for Smartphone Users from Blackberry? Will they be able to help me from this scenario?
Thanks again.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

No. The device lock password is completely not avoidable. There is no "override" nor "master" password to bypass it. Only the user-created device lock password can unlock the device and prevent the WIPE. Consider...if there were a way to bypass it, then the device would be far less secure than it is...not just for you, but for everyone.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you so much ^ sdgardne ^. I should have come to place earlier. I learned a lesson hard way.
Thanks a lot!
My Device: classic q10
My Carrier: blackberry

Hi I have blackberry classic I carnt remember my blackberry password can I reset with out it even if loss all data
Hall of Famer III

glen4480 wrote:
Hi I have blackberry classic I carnt remember my blackberry password can I reset with out it even if loss all data

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry, but your question is quite confusing due to the following reasons:

• You show "Q10" as your device in your forum profile
  • You posted in the legacy BBOS board, which does not include BB10 devices
  • You stated in the body of your post that you have a "classic", which is a specific BB10 model device name

These three things are in direct conflict with each other, and hence we do not understand what device you are asking about.

Also, you say "blackberry password" -- do you mean your BBID credentials, or your device lock password?

Please clarify.

Let us know.

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: STC

Hi all <

I have blackberry curve 8520 and I forget the password ,  can I reset with out it even if loss all data ?

I have the last try to open it , can I take the data to my computer  ? 

please (: