01-05-2014 04:49 AM
please tell me how can i update my phone i have tried it on desktop manager for blackberry but it says that blackberry active seriver is required for that i dont know what to do ?? please help me...i am new user for blackberry
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-05-2014 05:05 AM - edited 01-05-2014 05:06 AM
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
Enjoy the new OS.
VIA | knottyrope
01-06-2014 01:48 AM - edited 01-06-2014 01:50 AM
thnx i will try but i want to know why i cannot update it from phone itself or from desktop software and how can i use wifi on it when i connect my phone with wifi and try to open appworld it says that "we cannot connect to blackberry world and make sure that your wireless is on " it says that with all apps.....
01-06-2014 11:24 PM
01-08-2014 09:51 AM
thnxx yesterday i updated my phone finally and got new version 7.1 but again wifi issue sometime it work and sometime not ,please tell me how can i use wifi on 9810 without data plan....
01-08-2014 11:38 AM