Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: globe - philippines

i can't browse using my blackberry browser (wifi connection w/ BB curve 8520)

good day!

i purchased a blackberry curve 8520 (w/contract) from one of the telecommunication companies in my country - philippines. everything started all good until one day i can no longer open/use my pre-installed blackberry browser.

everytime i click on the bb browser logo, the screen just does nothing... nothing loads up on my phone.
then i tried opening the bb browser throgh the task manager panel a message appears stating: "your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries. please contact yor service provider to enable the browser on your device" 

i have tried rebooting the phone several times, both soft and hard.

can you give me any solution for my problem? TIA.

P.S. i have unlocked my phone so i can use it on other carriers. but the problem started a month before i did so. my two friends also have the same phone (bought the same day as mine) and they are not experiencing the same problem. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: i can't browse using my blackberry browser (wifi connection w/ BB curve 8520)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then it may be that your carrier does not directly support your specific BB model number...most carriers won't deliver SB's to models that they don't support, and you have to work some magic to get them. If this is the case, then someone worked that magic before, and needs to do so again.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Carrier: smartphone

Re: i can't browse using my blackberry browser (wifi connection w/ BB curve 8520)

yesterday i delete all the data on my bb 8520 "MASTER HARD RESET" .. but when i used to open my browser ' it wont work .. what happened to my phone ? it always say (unable to connect o the internet,please try again later. if the problem persists please contact your service provider)

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

farrahrose wrote:

yesterday i delete all the data on my bb 8520 "MASTER HARD RESET" .. but when i used to open my browser ' it wont work .. what happened to my phone ? it always say (unable to connect o the internet,please try again later. if the problem persists please contact your service provider)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, there are many different methods to do what you say (that I highlighted above)...please expand on exactly the method you used (step by step is often the best method so as to understand you clearly). In any event, if you do as is described in Message 2 above, that may well return your device to proper service. Then again, you may need to contact your mobile service provider for formal support. But, again, all of this is guessing since I can't tell exactly what you actually did.

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Carrier: smartphone

i just follow the instructions in youtube intitled (bb8520-erase cell phone info-delete data-master clear hard reset), cos i want to reset my cell phone .. then after that my bb internet service is not working .. and i'd tried to connect to wifi , i just got the signal but it never b connected to my device ..

what will i do ??TIA 

Hall of Famer III

Hmmm...so, rather than give me a link, you make me search all of You Tube and watch the video you followed. You could, of course, just tell me the commands you executed to perform what you did. Sorry, but I need you to be more explicit...my time is as precious as yours, so I need your help in being explicit about what you actually did.

In any event, did you even try what I recommended (Message 2 of this thread)?

My Carrier: smart internet

excuse me ? i got the same problem to i click the REGISTER NOW in the menu and it already sent a message in HOST ROUTING TABLE, but nothing happend ? pls. help Smiley Sad
Hall of Famer III

seaill09 wrote:
excuse me ? i got the same problem to i click the REGISTER NOW in the menu and it already sent a message in HOST ROUTING TABLE, but nothing happend ? pls. help Smiley Sad

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here are updated instructions, including notations of the required response from each step. If the response arrives correctly, you move onto the next step. If the response does not arrive correctly, you drop out of the process and contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books (pre-BB10 devices only)

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Reboot

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. IF this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your configurations for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Mobistar

Hi

I've tried step 1 and 2 but during step 2, in Service Books I only have:

WiFi TCP/IP Browser [Browerconfig]

Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport [WPTCP]

Facebook [CICAL]

Blackberry Idenitty [BBID]

to choose from...

I've deleted and undelete the last, rebooted; no effect..

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Mobistar

Als, in HTRT there'es only:

*no entries*

I can click Register Now though, and it does say 'Registration message sent!" after that.

But I wouldn't know where to find this message. I've already 'sent' this yesterday, no response or change..