Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: friend

i can't configure my email adress plz help!

hello everybody , i just bought a bb torsh a used one, I dont want to wipe it but i can't configure my email adress, 

when i go to SETUP , i click on email adress but nothing gappen , not even an error msg nothing at all, 

could anybody help me with this plzz

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: i can't configure my email adress plz help!

Hi Ammoulll,

To integrate a email address using the BIS Email Setup application from the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:

1. Open Email Settings on the BlackBerry smartphone. For BlackBerry 6 and BlackBerry 7 powered smartphones open Setup and choose Email Accounts.
  2. Click Set up another email account.
  3. Choose Other from the list of options.
  4. Enter the Email Address and Email Password, then click Continue.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Ammoulll wrote:

hello everybody , i just bought a bb torsh a used one, I dont want to wipe it but i can't configure my email adress, 

when i go to SETUP , i click on email adress but nothing gappen , not even an error msg nothing at all, 

could anybody help me with this plzz

Hi Ammoulll

If it is a used Device then :

KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Also have you activated BlackBerry Data Plan on your Account ? If you have it then Do a Battery Pull Restart then try as suggested.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 / Bold 9790
My Carrier: Maxis

Yes. Do you have BIS/BES on?

thank you for your prompt reply, but, 

i click on setup there is email adress witch is not selected, all the rest is selected bbm, social networking .... 

when i select email adress nothing happen ! i clicked several times and nothing! till i exit :/  donnow what else i can do i changed the user id in the third party applications, i changed the email and password ...

Im really sorry , I dont know what is BIS/BES means :s

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Ammoulll wrote:

i click on setup there is email adress witch is not selected, all the rest is selected bbm, social networking .... 

Dear Ammoulll

A security wipe is must if it a used device , It will remove all user data that are associated with the  previous owner . Then you can use it as new.

We need BlackBerry Data Plan also known as BIS from our Carrier , it will allow you to setup your personal emails, and many other BlackBerry Services.For that you have to contact your carrier or mobile network provider they can add it on your account.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.