Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9000

i can't dial out, recieve calls or send or recieve text messages can anyone help!

hi, i just got my blackberry bold 9000 unlocked today from orange uk and am on o2, i cant dial out recieve calls send text messages or use the internet, but it recognises my sim card and has all my numbers and things on it does anyone know how to sort this problem out?

by the signal bars it has gprs written near it and every time i try to call out it comes up with the message 'call failed'

would be very grateful if you could help

thanks

Sam 

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: i can't dial out, recieve calls or send or recieve text messages can anyone help!

'gprs' is being shown as the SIM card that you're using in your device is not provisioned for BlackBerry service. But that shouldn't affect you call, sms etc.Please check whether Call Barring service is active or not.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9000

Re: i can't dial out, recieve calls or send or recieve text messages can anyone help!

it says that its not available on the fone do you know wot that means? or how i sort the fone out so that i can use it

thanks