Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: toarch 9800
My Carrier: rogers

i just bought a torch and getting to know it . does anyone have an opinion of it. not sure its the best tool out there and thinking of converting over to the i-phone 4

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: i just bought a torch and getting to know it . does anyone have an opinion of it. not sure its the best tool out there and thinking of converting over to the i-phone 4

Yep, I like it, very much.

You're posting on RIM/BlackBerry user forum. I expect you'll get lots of people who like the 9800.

If you post on an Apple iPhone forum and ask a similar question, you'll get a a majority of users who favor the iPhone.

If you need help on the Torch, please ask those specific questions.

You might want to view this web page for more information, tips and tricks for the Torch.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrytorch/torch_gettingstarted.jsp

Good luck!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: i just bought a torch and getting to know it . does anyone have an opinion of it. not sure its the best tool out there and thinking of converting over to the i-phone 4

Love the Torch, so nice to have best of both worlds of touch screen and keyboard.

webkit browser rocks

OS 6 is a nice update overall.

Good luck on your choice.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

HI,

I'd say it really depends on what type of end user you are. the torch i think is better when it comes to functionality, has bbm too which is a great communication tool. if you're more on the apps and games and stuff, then the iphone wins hands down... so far anyway =)

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook
My Carrier: O2 (UK)

I bought the Torch on a new Vodafone UK contract.  I've had it 6 days and am cancelling the contract today.  The reasons are a mix of personal preference vs. issues I've had with the device itself.  Personally, somehow it just doesn't work for me.  Whilst I love the fantastic web kit and the overall ability to pinch and zoom (brilliant for HTML emails which come in), I've just found the device somewhat overly cumbersome and I guess, the design not especially inspiring.  I'm a heavy (and fast), email user so this will no doubt prejudice my experience.  On the less personal side I found the battery life shockingly bad and the network connection highly variable (in spite of deleting old apps).

So... who knows... I love the concept but feel that it's still a bit rough around the edges.  I look forward to a refresh at some point but in the mean time will probably hold out for the more conventional 9780 (assuming that it's actually going to arrive).

Best of luck :-)