Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

i'm lost here. i just got a 8330

and i notice you cant send pictures to others in your address book unless they are in your blackberry messanger or you have to send it to the email.  is there a way to do it to any one in my address book that has a cell phone?  i was using picture mail and now i dont the ability to do this anymore.  i'm a first time bb user.  other then that and the msuci store software from print can not read the simcard at times...
Super Contributor
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: i'm lost here. i just got a 8330

Are you using a Sprint 8330?  If so, there is no way to do MMS (basically text message with a picture attachment).   I have heard rumors of MMS messaging when Sprint releases OS 4.5 for their devices, but for now....can't.

Not sure I understand your other question about the music store...can you elaborate?

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
New Contributor

well i was refering just to regular picture sending from the phone.... or i may be confused... heheh that's the only thing i don't like about this phone.  as for the other one if i go to the sprint music store and go to player it will give my a message ever now and then that there was an error and it could not read my simcard.
Super Contributor

The only way, right now, to send pictures from your phone to someone else is to 'send as email' or 'send to Messenger contact'.

As for the music store, are you sure the error is about the SIM card?  I would bet that it's looking for your microSD memory card.  Do you  have a memory card in your device (you would have had to put one in, so you'd know if you have one or not).

New Contributor

yeap it works at times and then it does not.  i got the phone a few days ago. Smiley Wink
Super Contributor

Do you have a memory card in the device?

Highlighted
New Contributor

yes of course