Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: i'm not receiving twitter's direct messages

HA HA !
now we have more information.

on your 9360 do you receive emails ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

I can see what I sent on phone(A) but not what I sent on PC or what they replied :/

Guru I

on your 9360 do you receive emails not related to Twitter ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

[ Edited ]

Yeah I am receiving these ones like when you reply and my BBM contact messages. (Basically receiving all other messages BAR twitter)

Guru I

Sorry, it is beyond my knowledge then.
Let me ask some more knowledgeable friends. be patient.

Guru I

can you clear the cache in the Twitter app?
does this help?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

This is actually a known issue with the latest version of Twitter for BlackBerry. It has been noted and should be fixed in the next release.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It may help if you open the Twitter app > Menu key > Options > scroll to the bottom > Content Cache > Clear, and reboot the device with a powered on, battery pull reboot.  The fix may only be temporary but try and see.

And as John Clark stated, hopefully it will be fixed in the next upgrade.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2 UK

Hello, I know it's kinda out of date, but I can't seem to find anywhere else where this problem is being discussed. Did anyone find a solution to this issue? I did a software update on my Bold 9900 and since then, I receive no DMs or notifications on my BB. If I sign out of the Twitter app, then back in, I receive any unread DMs that way, but this is both impractical and means I miss DMs by hours or days even. Everything else is fine Twitter-wise, timeline is ok, interactions are fine, just no DMs whatsoever. I've also tried setting up a new Twitter account, but same problem. I've tried everything, including sending messages from a different account to my phone but no joy. I've noticed that when I do send a DM to the phone, the data indicator does flash in the top right hand corner of the screen for a few seconds, but no DMs appear in the inbox. Please help, highly frustrating!!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2 UK

Just to add to this - I've tried everything on the device. And when I say everything, I mean everything, including spending half the day doing a complete factory reset and security wipe, starting afresh completely.