Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

iMac to Blackberry Storm photo transfer

I'm exporting photos from Lightrroom to a Blackberry Storm (screen res 480 X 360). What the lowest resolution I can use? Lightroom seems to default to 240 dpi, I've tried 72. Still seems slow scrolling through the photos.

New Contributor

Re: iMac to Blackberry Storm photo transfer

Or how to you get your photos from your Mac to your Blackberry? My photos as taken are too large and cripple the Blackberry, if I simply transfer them onto the media card.

Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

It sounds like you're doing everything right; 480x360 and at 72dpi.

I'm not familiar with Lightroom. Is there a Save/Export to Web/Devices function?

This function is available on other Adobe products, so I would assume it's available on Lightroom.

It will allow you to maximise compression and get the best file size without compromising the quality too much.

The only other thing I can think of is that your memory card has a slow read speed.

To test this you could try transferring a few images over to the device memory and see how quick you can scroll through them.

If you find that they are quicker, then you may want to invest in a memory card with a higher class.

Also, having a very large amount of photos will increase read time, as thumbnails will have to be created/read.

[edit] Transferring your photos directly to the memory card (drag and drop) is by far the quickest and most efficient way of getting the photos onto your Blackberry.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your reply. I will try your suggestion later today. The phone came with an 8 GB card-I can't recall the manufacturer.