Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8350
My Carrier: Sprint

iPhoto 9 not supported?

The BB desktop sw says 'iLife 08 or higher required."

I am trying to sync my pictures with iPhoto 9.2.2, with Lion 10.7.3. 

Is there a reason I can't sync my pictures with the most recent versions of software?  It's getting pretty stupid that I have to pull out the microSD card and stick that into the computer the get the pics, instead of through the phone.

Highlighted
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None

Re: iPhoto 9 not supported?

Same here.

Using OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion with iPhoto 9.4.2, I get “To import pictures and videos, install iPhoto ’08 or later.” It doesn’t matter if iPhoto is started or not.

Anybody has a solution or a workaround for that?

I just reinstalled my computer (for an unrelated reason) and now it works. No idea why. Maybe a reinstall of blackberry software alone is enough though…

Ok, found solution.

If you see “to import pictures and videos, install iphoto 08 or later" it probably means that your iPhoto Library is not in your ~/Pictures folder. It is normally called “iPhoto Library.iphotolibrary”. Just move it there or cerate an alias there and it should be fine.

My problem is that I use Aperture. I thought since iPhoto and Aperture now use the same Library format, it would work with Aperture too. But comparing the content of an .aplibrary and a .iphotolibrary package, it clearly is still different, even tough I can open it with either of Aperture or iPhoto...

Back to exporting pictures manually…