Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

import contacts

Hi,

does anyone knows how can I save my contacts from the memory of my old nokia mobile to my new 8520 curve blackburry with no change in the configuration of my contacts list?

The general ideea is that I would by very happy if I could do this without getting duplicates for those of my contacts for whom I have multiple phone numbers.

I've allready try to copy the contacts list on the sim memory and then in the memory of blackburry mobilephone, but

unfortunately I get into that kind of mess that I've tried to avoid.

P.S. Please excuse my poor english; I hope I succeeded to make my self clear.

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: import contacts

Very clear. 

You first need to find out from Nokia how that phone can export your contacts to a file you can edit and import to the BlackBerry, such as a to a CSV text file. Find that answer, and we can help.

If you have multiple phone numbers for some contacts, it will create the duplicates, unless your nokia can exclude duplicates, but then won't you be missing some phone numbers?

Basically, a SIM card can ONLY hold one phone number per name. But your BlackBerry Address Book book will be able to hold multiple numbers per name.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Hello, I've just been given a Curve 9320 and would like to import my contacts from my previous, non-Blackberry mobile.  I've got a .csv file with all the contacts in it, but what do I do next?

Several things...

• You can import your CSV file to Outlook and sync to your BlackBerry.
  • You can download an older version 6 of the the Desktop Software and sync the CSV file to your BlackBerry

Article ID: KB11194 How to import contacts from an already created CSV file to the BlackBerry smartphone

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Thanks - but I'm using version 7 of Desktop Manager and can't follow the prompts.  I don't use Outlook Express.  I have imported my old phone's contact details to my Thunderbird and Gmail accounts, and I've got a .csv file containing my old contacts on my computer desktop. 

Highlighted

You can uninstall Desktop Software 7, and install v6.

610_b034_multilanguage

Knowledge Base Updates