Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

installed verizon tones and then went to delete the application - icon remains

when i click on the icon i am getting module handle 6124 not found. how do delete the icon? it's annoying.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: installed verizon tones and then went to delete the application - icon remains

Follow the below steps -

1. Go to Options
  2. Advanced options
  3. Applications
  4. Highlight the (icon) application that you want to delete
  5. Click Menu and select Delete

If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: installed verizon tones and then went to delete the application - icon remains

Being a longterm Verizon customer, I believe, that while you might be able to delete (uninstall) the application itself, Verizon will keep dropping the icon for it.  Verizon has a number of icons that they force feed us.  VerizonTones, Slacker, Bing and others.

Buried deep within your contract in the smallest possible typeface is your acceptance of their right to put them there.  As Verizon enters into agreements with third party developers to "push" their applications they will push them to your Blackberry.  I know it is, at least in my opinion, underhanded and more than merely annoying.

There are a number of convoluted means to delete these icons they are the proverbial bad pennies as they always return.  Check out bbhybrids.net  and their shrink your OS application.

The icons themselves have virtually no memory footprint so the easiest means to rid yourself of the sight of them is to create a new folder (mine is "Unused") move the offending icons to the folder and hide them.

I personally abhor the idea of my carrier forcing me to have something on my Storm that I don't want to install and taking up space on my screen.  Memory allocated for the mere icons though is near zero.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!