Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

internet and bbm not working.

help, my internet,bbm are not working and im not receiving emails, all im able to do is text. i tried taking out the battery and then restarting it but it did not work. any help would be appreciated, thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: internet and bbm not working.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!!

I suggest the following steps:

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your carrier.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

the first step ive tried and it always says it sent the registration and nothing happens, step two wont work because it wont connect to the internet it just says to retry or cancel, step 3 ive done 3 or 4 times and no luck..

any other suggestions?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Yes -- the last line in my prior post (before the auto-sig)...contact your carrier...for whatever reason, your BB is not properly functioning on their network. It could be that they don't have you on the proper data plan. Or it could be other things...but step 1 will always work if your BB is proper on their network...hence, time to go to them.

Best.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: giffgaff

im kinda the same, i got a blackberry (unlocked) from amazon, and i put in a giffgaff sim, 

the bbm wont add people, and it doesnt let me on the internet 

ive been told i just need to register it? but i have no idea how to do that ?:/ helppp 

My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: giffgaff

im kinda the same, i got a blackberry (unlocked) from amazon, and i put in a giffgaff sim, 

the bbm wont add people, and it doesnt let me on the internet 

ive been told i just need to register it? but i have no idea how to do that ?help? 

Hall of Famer III

You must contact your carrier for assistance. I've no idea how to register on their network either...only they know how.

Good luck!

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: orange

oooo! i know how to do tht yeeee! lol what u have to do is ring ur service provider eg: orange or o2 ask them to make u a BIS account (blackberry internet sevice account) n then they explain it too Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-mobile

Can you solve my problem as well please; I dont know what to do:
Basically, i bought my blackberry the other day and it is a blackberry curve 9300. My problem is that i topped up £20 as i am on pay as you go and i texted ''6MONTHSBB'' to 441 to get internet & bbm workin but they've taken the £20 and got my internet working, however, my bbm is still not working;
When i go onto ive set it all up but when my friend tried addin me i didnt get the request and i tried adding her and she didnt either.. What should i do; please reply ASAP !! Thank you.
Hall of Famer III

Simran14 wrote:
Can you solve my problem as well please; I dont know what to do:
Basically, i bought my blackberry the other day and it is a blackberry curve 9300. My problem is that i topped up £20 as i am on pay as you go and i texted ''6MONTHSBB'' to 441 to get internet & bbm workin but they've taken the £20 and got my internet working, however, my bbm is still not working;
When i go onto ive set it all up but when my friend tried addin me i didnt get the request and i tried adding her and she didnt either.. What should i do; please reply ASAP !! Thank you.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you describe, you should do exactly as has been advised above -- contact your wireless service provider for formal suppot and to ensure that the data plan you have subscribed to is adequate to enable the services you desire.

Good luck!