Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: o2

Re: internet and bbm not working.

Yeah sorry but I followed the instructions u said and step 2 I clicked the link and it came up methods so method 1 I clicked the link 4 instructions and it told me to go to set up menu and email settings 4 some reason and I clicked on email settings and brought up my BBID and my password wasn't workin so now I have 2 problems ?????? I'm a bit lost myserlf
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK...yes, you need your BB ID to be properly configured and logged in via your BB. BB ID is used as a level of authentication for many things. So you need to get that resolved first before anything else. I can't tell you what your BB ID password is, but if you can't get it right, here's the procedure to reset it:

• KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

After that and after you are properly logged into your BB ID on your BB, you should be able to complete the other instructions.

PS -- please try to use some punctuation in your posts. It's incredibly difficult to parse your words and figure out what you intend to communicate.

Thanks

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I changed my password for BBID, but it's still not working.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Let me try again...your economy with words is likewise challenging.

bbuser1512 wrote:
it's still not working.

What, exactly, is "it"? We have several topics going, and I can't tell which is not working now. I need you to be detailed and explicit...I have only your words to guide me. I cannot see what you see, so I need you to be explicit so that I can understand.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Sorry for my use of words, but my BBID is not working after I changed the password it says "unable to log into your BBID account". So now I can't continue the steps to fix my internet and BBM.
Hall of Famer III

Thank you, that helps tremendously. Anytime an error message is presented, the exact and complete message is critical to understanding what is going on. See this:

• KB28212 "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

New Contributor

This is way to confusing for me, if I take my phone to the shop where I bought it could they fix it ???
Hall of Famer III

Maybe. I've no way to know their capabilities. But, they are responsible for all of your formal support, so you definitely can talk to them.

Good luck!

New Contributor

Well thank you for your help you are very clever!! Smiley Happy I'll let you know if I get it fixed X
Visitor
My Device: tour
My Carrier: telus

i have the same issue. i've had a blackberry for almost 3 years, and over the last day, i haven't been able to get internet service. the last time this happened was in Oct 2011...when i look at the service status, it says that it is not connected to the Blackberry enterprise server. Over the last 2 weeks, there have been intermittent issues, but as i've said yesterday it stopped receiving emails completely. my husband has exactly the same phone, and now, the same issue.

ideas?